There is absolutely no reason why a vaccine for COVID-19 should be connected to abortion. But that is exactly what may happen in the coming months.
Among the dozens of vaccines currently in development, some are being produced using old cell lines that were created from the cells of aborted babies.
There is NO NEED to further exploit the bodies of aborted children.
Other cell lines or processes that do not involve cells from abortions are available!
In fact, they are regularly used for producing vaccines and are being used by some drug companies to develop a COVID-19 vaccine.
The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) along with leaders of many healthcare, bioethics, and pro-life organizations, is urging the Trump Administration to make sure that vaccines for COVID-19 are developed ethically and are free from any connection to the exploitation of abortion.
- Nicholas Caravassi, Council 9199 - passed away from COVID-19 on Saturday, March 28th.
- Carol Caravassi (wife of Nicholas) is in the hospital on a ventilator.
- Jeffrey Kandravy, Chancellor, Vincent Lombardi Coucil 6552, passed away from COVID-19 on March 30th.
- Iris Salerno, Columbiette - St. Augustine Auxiliary - passed away from COVID-19 on April 2nd.
- Steve Filipow, PGK, Fairfield Council 6380 - Ill from COVID-19.
- Ann Marie Bonassisa, Wife of Council 3240 GK Vincent, taken to hospital on April 5th.
- Theresa Pittari, Wife of Council 14658 Grand Knight Paul, tested positive with COVID-19.
- William Burns, PGK 2853 - in ICU and in need of plasma
- Kenneth Gibbs - 2853 - hospitalized with COVID-19 plus complications
- Msgr. Richard Lyons - Recovering in quarantine
- Msgr. Joseph Curry - Recovering in quarantine
- Fr. John Morley - Passed away April 8, 2020
- Fr. Javier Flores - Recovering in quarantine
- Delaware State Deputy Eugene Dzielak
- SK William Sarno, Former Master of First NJ District 1988-1990, passed away on April 22nd.
- Rafael Zeledon - Council 6572 - Deceased from COVID-19
- Frank McGraw - Ewing Council 3756 - Tested positive with COVID-19 on May 1
- John Graziul - Ewing Council 3756 - Passed away from COVID-19 on May 3
- Gary Vanderbilt - Ewing Council 3756 - Tested positive with COVID-19 on May 3
- Carmen Riccardi, FDD - Council 6530 in Marlton, Assembly 648, long-time Roses For Life Chairman
- SK Albert Bennett, PFN, PCC, FDD - served many years on membership committees
- John F. Leavy - Council 475 - Deceased - 5/9/2020
- Betty McGeehan - Mother of GA Bob McGeehan - died of COVID-19
- Bruce Beattie, FS - Council 17430 - In hospital with COVIDS-19
- Williams Burns, PGK - Recovering from COVID-19
- George French, FDD - Long-time Program Chairman and Director
- SK Anthony Castolano - Council 836, Assembly 658 - of COVID-19
- SK Larry Arcioni - Council 7000 - of COVID-19
- SK Louis LaPlaga, Jr., PGK, PFN, FDD - Council 12940 - June 13, 2020
- SK Joseph Paterno - Council 6573 - June 20, 2020
- Lenny Rosko - Brother of FDD Joseph Sabella - of stomach cancer
- Father Edward R Flanagan - Pastor of the Nativity of our Lord Parish of Monroe, NJ - cancer
- SK Eduartdo P. Vidal - Council 3826 - COVID-19, April 16,2020
Somerville Council 1432
Worthy State Deputy,
Somerville Council 1432 has already performed something similar to what you recommended in your recent email. Grand Knight Bob Skorny sent out an email asking for support to feed the doctors and nurses at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in Somerset. The Council hall is closed, but he asked us to place donations in the mail slot. Grand Knight Bob worked with Brother Roman Hnidj, PGK, PFN of Council 6930, who owns Annie's Deli in Bridgewater/Pluckemin and whose business has recently been slow, to put together some platters. A win-win: the doctors and nurses are fed (they are tired of eating pizza everyday) and Roman receives some well-needed business.
Grand Knight Bob was hoping to raise $500, but in two days, Knights had donated $2,600. There was even a donation from a member of another council that heard of what Grand Knight Bob was doing. $500 dollars of food will be delivered tomorrow, with future food drops planned for first responders and ER personnel.
That's who we are!!
Scott Morrisey, Faithful Navigator
George Washington Assembly #0653
PGK of Somerville Council #1432
On Friday, May 1, 2020, 13 Brother Knights coordinated the collection of food to be used to stock the depleted pantry of the Saint Vincent DePaul Food Bank which operates out of a small room within the old convent at St. Peter's Parish in Merchantville. Two weeks before the event, the council used various marketing strategies to advertise the collection date and process. On collection night, cars carrying needed supplies were marshalled into a collection area where Brother Knights retrieved the donations which were packed in bags located either in the back seats of the car or in the trunk. Social distancing measures were strictly enforced to ensure the safety of Brothers and everyone else involved with the collection process. The collection period lasted for 2 hours and the council was able to secure an additional month’s worth of meals, along with cash donations, to help feed 54 local families.
Thanks to Grand Knight Bob Altenbach and the Brother Knights of St. Peter's Council 6735 for their outstanding work!
See the video news article about this event from the Catholic Star Herald: Click HERE
See more videos from The Catholic Star Herald, South Jersey's Official Catholic Newspaper:
Grand Knight Bob Altenbach, St. Peter's Council 6735, Merchantville:
Food Bank Assistance by St. Peter's Council 6735:
St. Peter's Council 6735 Food Bank Collections - May 1, 2020:
Centers for Disease Control (CDC) - LINK
World Health Organization - LINK
Government Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) - LINK
White House Coronavirus (COVID-19) Task Force - LINK
World MAP of Coronavirus (COVID-19) - LINK
New York State COVID-19 Info - LINK
New York City COVID-19 Info - LINK